Monday, October 3, 2011

A call to arms.

This is my first blog post, and I figure it should begin with why I created this blog to begin with.

If you set out about the internet, you'll find lots of forums and pages about PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I'm not here to condemn their value or demerit them in any way. I just feel that a lot of these sites that are covered in smilies and cutesy abbreviations trying to paint PCOS with sunshine and rainbows. This isn't that blog.

I was diagnosed at 16. Fast forward 10 years, here I am, living every day with this ridiculous syndrome. I would love to pretend that everyday I feel uplifted and that I face each day with a smile on my face. It's just not true. That doesn't mean that I don't believe in optimism, overcoming challenges, or facing this thing head on. I'm just here to put a different face in the crowd. I'm honest, sarcastic, and even a bit brutal. I want to represent the reality behind PCOS. It sucks. It needs more attention. There is a real need for us to look at it for what it really is and not be afraid to talk about it in earnest. To learn, to deal, to cry, to laugh, to keep going forward.

1 comment:

  1. hey Rachel.. good to see some realness! It is a frustrating situation, that makes many angry.. glad to see that there are some that share the anger.. Good luck with the new blog!!! I am in the same spot, and started a new blog.. hope to see you there, Nicole http://suchstuffasdreamsaremadeonblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete