Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The misfortunes of miscarriage...

In the beginning of this miscarriage, which started on Sunday. It was sort of weird because, though I did bleed a significant amount, it wasn't too bad. The pain, was sort of here and there, it was... manageable.

Welcome to Wednesday, otherwise known as the hump day of my hell week. Yesterday and today everything has gotten incredibly worse. The pain is very real now, I take something only it for it to take the edge off for maybe an hour.

Emotionally, I come and go. Overall, I'd still have to say, I'm a trooper. I've kept my head above water and I'd say emotionally I'm about 85% functional, while physically about 40%. I just don't have the energy or the strength to do much of anything. I've had a total of two-three good cries. Two of them were yesterday, here's why.

Other than intense pain and bleeding, one of the worst, if not the worst miscarriage symptom is... still feeling pregnant. I think it's so much harder to move on emotionally when you are constantly faced with the physical symptoms reminding you of where you are. That sucks.

Also, I can't have sex. And I really, really want to. I know it doesn't make it go away, but during my two weeks prior to the miscarriage, I had no sex drive at all, and now of course, is not a good time. I really want to get back to normal life now. That doesn't mean we aren't going to try it again when we can, but instead of being downtrodden and miserable, I'd rather embrace some normality with my husband for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment